Friday, June 4, 2010

I call her by her first name


I knew it.

Not the gate,
Nor the wait,
Or the fine sunny
Weather that’s great.
Not even the imagination
That I create.

I have to call her by her first name.

I stumble and
mumble the words
“I’m in trouble,”
as she passes through me
Like the wind
blows a candle.
Drizzles and
spiels, “Did I
even gargle?”

Coz I have to call her by her first name.

And so I did and
come she with.
her smile. She likes me.
Like oh I know so
heaven forbid.
She was so
young and I, a kid.

She said I should call her by her first name.

And so the folly
of our youth
Came to end awefully
Said goodbyes
and some nice
Gifts which were barely
Enough to stop me

Thinking to call her by her first name.

I date kisses
every night
Thinking that
I might rewrite
The first story
of the heart
That only she
can ever excite
And the only
one who I call
Before each
night starts to bite

She who I can only call by her first name.

And now I say,
everything to my dismay
How the story
had come astray
The years I burned
ashes in the tray

I still long to call her by her first name.

Now I sit alone in a
place of my own
Waiting for the wind
that once had blown
And saw the one, I
knew I have known

And all I can do is to call her by her first name.

I knew it.

Not the gate,
Nor the wait,
Or the fine sunny
Weather that’s great.
Not even the imagination
That I create.

I can only call her by her first name.

No comments:

Post a Comment